How does the Los Angeles Arboretum Reciprocal Program work?
As a Los Angleles County Arboretum & Botanic Garden member, you receive free admission and additional benefits at botanical gardens, arboreta, and conservatories throughout North America. A list of participating institutions is available online at www.ahs.org. Please be aware that the list is subject to change. Before visiting any garden, be sure to visit its website or call to verify hours of operation and get the latest updates on programs and other information. Please remember to carry your Los Angleles County Arboretum & Botanic Garden membership card with you when you travel to reciprocating gardens.
How do I make reservations for a member tram tour?
Tours are offered on the third Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. and usually last 1 hour. You will receive a new member tram tour orientation postcard in the mail. Reservations are required and space is limited, to make reservations, please call 626.821.3233.
Can my children come to The Arboretum with their grandparents under my family membership?
Membership cards are non-transferable, so you would need to buy a membership that allows you to add an extra cardholder (Garden Sustainer) or purchase a senior(s) membership. Your children are always covered under your Family membership, so your membership card will cover free admission for them (excluding school group visits).
If another cardholder on my membership doesn't come with me, can I take someone else in his or her place?
Yes. We require that at least one person named on the card be present. For example, if you and your husband are listed on your Family membership card, you may bring your sister in his place. To verify how many people are covered under your membership category, please call 626.821.3233.
How many cards are included with my membership?
All members will receive two cards.
If I forget to bring my membership card, can I still visit the Garden for free?
Yes! Just bring your photo I.D. and stop by the membership office to verify your status. If the office is closed, the main entrance has a membership folder with your name on it. You will be issued a day pass valid for free admission for all those eligible under your membership category. This day pass will also entitle you to a 10% discount in the Arboretum Gift Shop.
How can I replace a lost/stolen membership card?
A replacement card costs $5. You may order with credit card by phone at 626.821.3233 or mail your request with a personal check to LAAF, Member Services, 301 North Baldwin Ave, Arcadia, CA 91007. You will receive your replacement card within three to four weeks. You may visit the garden in the meantime by presenting your photo I.D. at the membership office, where you will be issued a day pass.
How can I add a caregiver to my membership?
Family level members who wish to add a caregiver to their membership have two options:
1. Substitute the caregiver¡¦s name for one of the adult cardholders on the Family level membership.
2. Upgrade your membership to the Garden Sustainer level (which allows entrance for four adults) and add your caregiver¡¦s name to your record.
How can I keep current on Arboretum events and news?
Arboretum updates and a calendar of events are available online at www.arboretum.org. As an Arboretum member, you will receive Arboretum Members¡¦ Magazine, our member newsletter, which is distributed quarterly. Occasionally we send out upcoming events via email, and if you would like to be added to our Green list please call 626.821.3233.
When does my Membership expire?
All Memberships are good for one year from time of purchase.
What are the basic Membership benefits?
- Support of the Arboretum’s education programs and gardens.
- FREE admission to The Arboretum for one year ($8 per visit value).
- Free admission to more than 270 participating gardens throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- Discount for most classes, workshops, lectures, tours, and family programs.
- One year subscription to the Arboretum Members Magazine and calendar.
- Early entry for walking and running privileges beginning at 8:00 a.m.
- 10% discount in the Arboretum Garden and Gift Shop.
- Circulation privileges of plant and garden books, etc., from the Arboretum library.
- Stay late and picnic summer hours for Arboretum members.
- Special invitation to the New Member Orientation Tour.
- Invitations to special Arboretum events.
- 10% or more discount at participating nurseries.
- 20% discount on a one-year subscription to the Pacific Horticulture magazine.
- 10% discount on tickets to Pasadena POPS Summer Concert Series.
For more information call 626.300.8200.
Is my Membership tax-deductible?
Yes, as we are a non-profit Foundation. Please check with your tax advisor.
Do you offer gift Memberships?
Yes, Arboretum Memberships make great gifts that can be enjoyed all year! To order a gift membership you can call 626.821.3233 or you may print out an application online and mail it in with your payment to 301 North Baldwin Avenue - Arcadia, CA 91007
Can members come in early?
Yes, members have walking and running privileges starting at 8 a.m.
How do I sign up my employer for matching gifts?
Many generous corporations take part in the matching gift programs; check with your company to find out if it has a matching gift program. If your company does, you can upgrade your membership level. Please request a matching gift form from your employer, fill it out and send it to The Arboretum with your membership application.
If I have more questions where can I call?
You can call our Membership office at 626.821.3233, seven days a week, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Our fax number is 626.821.4642