Adult education at the Arboretum offers a variety of subjects to enrich your life and provides learning opportunities in many forms to encourage active participation. Whether you are pursuing a new interest or polishing that green thumb, we have classes for you! Here’s a sampling of a few if you are thinking about:
• Tapping your inner artist? Try a botanical art class.
• Growing better tomatoes? Come to the Great Tomato Talk and Sale.
• Becoming a foodie? Sample fabulous food from a local chef in a cooking class.
• Taking your camera into the dark? Learn about night photography.
• Relaxing in a garden? We have yoga in the mornings and at night.
• Planting a vegetable garden? We teach seasonal and organic practices.
• Being bee friendly? Learn about native bees of California during Thursday Garden Talks.
• Arranging flowers artfully? Ikebana may be for you.
• Creating instant antiquities? Make a hypertufa pot.
• Improving your roses? Experts will teach you the best pruning techniques.
• Knowing your plants? We offer a plant identification series.