Fresh: Celebrating The Table
Cooking at the Arboretum
Executive Chef Carl MacPherson of The Kitchen for Exploring Foods
April 8, 2015
$50 Arboretum members / $60 non-members
Reservations required; please call Class Reservation Line at 626.821.4623
Chef Carl Macpherson’s name isn’t on the tip of everyone’s tongue yet. But that’s about to change after he presents a mouth-watering FRESH cooking class at the LA Arboretum on Wednesday, April 8. For the last two years, Carl has been working hard creating fabulous food as the Executive Chef at Pasadena’s Kitchen for Exploring Foods boutique catering company. The Kitchen’s delicious reputation is known to foodies from Santa Barbara to San Diego.
Joaquim Splichal and Patina Restaurant Group recognized this. The Group bought the Kitchen from founder Peggy Dark, and hired Chef Carl who continues to send forth menu items that taste more like a dish prepared at ta fine restaurant than a catered event.
Chef Carl was classically trained at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York. Chef Carl has had a long term relationship with the Ritz Carlton Hotel Company, cheffing in Barcelona, Puerto Rico and Florida. He recently helped open the Ritz-Carlton property in Las Vegas. Call right away to reserve your spot!
- Romesco Crusted Santa Barbara Shrimp, Yuzu Aioli
- Roasted Artichoke & Fava Bean Soup Shooter, Spanish Chorizo
- Local Sustainable Sea Bass “Ceviche”, Lime Juice, Sea Salt, Aji Amarillo, Cilantro, Red Onion, Poached Corn, Roasted Sweet Potato
- Marinated Golden and Red Beets, Jicama, Avocado, Oven-Dried Tomato, Pomegranate Reduction
- Braised Pork Belly, Savoy Cabbage, Farmers Vegetables, Natural Reduction
- Lemon-Pistachio Brioche, Light Rye “Boule”, Sautéed Garlic, Mild Cheddar Cheese
- Dark Chocolate Cake, Milk Chocolate Mousse, Hazelnut Crunch, Cajeta-Pecan Ice Cream
1434 W. Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91105