Free Day Tickets
July is sold out. Reservations for the next Free Day open August 1.
Free day at the Arboretum is the third Tuesday of each month. The tickets are free but limited in order to ensure social distancing. Tickets must be reserved in advance online and will be available at 9:00 am August 1 for Free Day August 18. Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
There are four entrance times for Free Day:
For your safety, please follow these policies during your visit.
• Observe safe distancing. Stay 6 feet from visitors not from your household.
• Please wear a mask or other face covering for your protection and that of others.
• Please bring your own water. Drinking fountains are available for refills.
• Always stay on main paved asphalt road. Some paths are closed.
• The entrance restrooms and Rose Garden restrooms are open, all others closed.
Please note that the Gift Shop, Arboretum Library, Tropical Greenhouse, Coach Barn and Santa Anita Depot are closed.
• Members of other gardens that participate in the Reciprocal Admissions Program will need a ticket.
• All non-member visitors, including infants, will need a Free Day ticket.
• Tickets are limited to 5 per household. More than 5 tickets will have all additional tickets invalidated.
• No groups of more than 5 are allowed for the July Free Day.
• No outside food is allowed in the gardens.
• All garden etiquette and rules apply.