Children’s Birthday Parties
Arboretum Birthday Parties create joyful opportunities for children celebrate while connecting with nature. Children will experience their special day enjoying fun, educational programming in the tranquility of the garden with family and friends. All parties include two hands-on experiences led by Arboretum Educators within a private party space.
All parties include:
- Two hours of party time
- Party space rental with tables and seating. Party space is primarily outdoors and includes a sheltered patio, a garden, and an indoor classroom.
- All-day admission to The Arboretum for you and your guests. Everyone is welcome to stay and enjoy the full gardens before and/or after the designated party time frame.
- Two Arboretum Educators to lead programs and answer questions
- A themed scavenger hunt for children to enjoy during the party or at home
- Two fun, educational experiences for children
- Tables covered in butcher paper with crayons to color on them with
- Additional time for setup and break-down (30 minutes before and after)
- Arboretum staff to help clean up after the party
Pricing includes space rental, programming, and all-day garden admission:
- A flat rate of $900 for up to 40 people (children and adults)
- $25 per person thereafter for up to 60 people maximum (children and adults) *Babies under 12 months are free of charge.
- Additional time may be booked for a fee of $100 per 30 minutes.
- A non-refundable deposit of $250 is required to reserve a date. A final head count and full payment is due no later than two weeks prior to the party date. Final payment is non-refundable. Refunds are not provided for guests who do not show up.
- Cancelations and full refunds will only be honored in the event of rain.
We currently offer parties at the following times:
- Saturdays- 1pm to 3pm, 2pm to 4pm, or 3pm to 5pm
- Sundays- 11am to 1pm, 12pm to 2pm, 1pm to 3pm, 2pm to 4pm, or 3pm to 5pm
Arboretum Birthday Parties are intended to be joyful, educational experiences that help children celebrate while connecting with nature. All parties include two fun, educational experiences led by Arboretum Educators- One main experience and one supplemental experience. You may choose one activity from each of the following menus:
Click to view the Main Experience Options here: Main Experience Options
Supplemental Experience Options (pick one):
- Animal Encounter demonstration with our Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches, a reptile, and a ladybug release.
- A microscope table with various specimens to examine.
FOOD & DRINK
- Food and drinks must be catered by The Arboretum’s Peacock Café. Menus must be coordinated directly with The Peacock Café no later than two weeks prior to the party date at 626.446.2248.
- View The Peacock Café’s party menu options HERE.
- Cakes may be brought in and do not need to be catered by the café.
- Party hosts are welcome to decorate the private party space with decorations during the 30 minutes setup time before the party start time. The Arboretum does not provide decorations. Balloons and confetti pose a danger to our peacocks and other wildlife and are prohibited at The Arboretum.