The Arboretum Library contains a comprehensive collection of resources on gardening, botany, California native plant life, environmental issues, and some agriculture as these subjects relate to the plants native to and planted in Southern California. This includes books, e-books, magazines, government documents, pamphlets, and audio-visual materials.
Arboretum Library Is OPEN!
The Arboretum Library is pleased to announce the Library is open. This is a phased in-person reopening. The Library is open with limited hours.
The limited hours are:
Tuesday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and every other Saturday (6/26, 7/10, 7/24, 8/7, 8/21, etc.), 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Here are the public health safety guidelines you can expect when you plan your visit to the Arboretum Library:
- Patrons two years and older are required to wear a face covering over their nose and mouth at all times.
- Patrons are required to maintain a distance of at least six (6) feet from other library patrons (not in the patron’s group) and library staff at all times.
- Avoid entering the library if you are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms or feeling sick.
For anyone who is unable to meet the above requirements, library staff will make every attempt to assist patron’s needs online, via phone, etc.
Patrons will be able to:
- Browse the Library collections,
- Arboretum members may check out materials,
- Access Wi-Fi services and use the public computer,
- Use the Library as a study, recreational reading space, etc.,
- View the art exhibit and,
- Browse and purchase used book sale items. There are many plant-related books for sale in the Library that are not in the online bookstore.
Plant Information will continue with in-person, phone and email questions. To make an appointment: Frank.McDonough@Arboretum.org or 626-821-3236.
In addition to visiting the Library, Arboretum Members may check out items and pick them up through Curbside or Library Book Drop Pickup. Click here for the instructions.
All books currently checked out can be returned in the Library book drop in front on the Library doors when the Library is open or at the Membership Office when the Arboretum is open, but the Library is closed.
Not an Arboretum member? Join today!
You can search the ONLINE CATALOG for more items here.