The Library is open!
We have a new Librarian, new hours, new programs and daily tours. Check back June 1 for the new offerings and schedules. The Arboretum Library contains a comprehensive collection of resources on gardening, botany, California native plant life, environmental issues, and some agriculture as these subjects relate to the plants native to and planted in Southern California. This includes books, e-books, magazines, government documents, pamphlets, and audio-visual materials.
Search the Online Catalog
The Botanical Information Consultant is currently available to take inquiries. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patrons are be able to:
- Browse the Library collections,
- Arboretum members may check out materials,
- Access Wi-Fi services and use the public computer,
- Use the Library as a study, recreational reading space, etc.,
- View the art exhibits, The Nature of Sculpture II (extended) and the Botanical Artists Guild of Southern California’s Plants for Dry Climates.
- Browse and purchase used book sale items. There are many plant-related books for sale in the Library that are not in the online bookstore.
Plant Information will continue with phone and email questions. Email Frank.McDonough@Arboretum.org.
During this time, we also encourage our Members to check out the large selection of e-books at the Library catalog and here for some featured e-books.. Be sure to put “LA” in front of your membership number when you encounter the paywall.
All books currently checked out can be returned to the Membership Office at the North Entrance when the Arboretum is open.
Not an Arboretum member? Join today!
You can search the ONLINE CATALOG for more items here.