Do members need to reserve a time to visit?
Members to not need to reserve a ticket in advance to visit. Simply show your membership card at the entrance to receive free admission.
How does the Los Angeles Arboretum Reciprocal Program work?
As an Arboretum member, you receive free admission and additional benefits at botanical gardens, arboreta, and conservatories throughout North America. A list of participating institutions is available here. Please be aware that the list is subject to change. Before visiting any garden, be sure to visit its website or call to verify its hours of operation and get the latest updates on programs and other information. Please remember to carry your Los Angeles Arboretum membership card with you when you travel to reciprocating gardens. Currently the reciprocal program does not include Descanso Gardens and its members.
Can my children come to the Arboretum with their grandparents under my Family Membership
Membership cards are non-transferable so the grandparents will need a Family Membership of their own. If your children are under 5 years old, they are free so the grandparents can get a Senior Membership for themselves. If your children are 5 years old or over, a Family Membership is needed. Your children are always covered under your Family membership, so your membership card will cover free admission for them when you accompany them.
If another cardholder on my membership doesn’t come with me, can I take someone else in his or her place?
Yes. We require that at least one person named on the card be present. For example, if you and your husband are listed on your Family membership card, you may bring your brother in your husband’s place (but you cannot give your card to your brother to come on his own). To verify how many people are covered under your membership category, please call 626.821.3233.
How many cards are included with my membership?
It depends on your membership level, but all named members will receive one card.
If I forget to bring my membership card, may I still visit the Garden for free?
Yes! Just bring your photo I.D. and stop by the membership office to verify your status. You will be issued a one-day pass valid for free admission for all those eligible under your membership category. This day pass will also entitle you to a 10% discount in the Arboretum Gift Shop.
How can I replace a lost/stolen membership card?
A replacement card costs $5. To request a replacement card please visit the Membership Office at the Arboretum. While the office will do its best to reprint your cards right away, please be advised that requests may take up to 1 whole business day.
How can I add a caregiver to my membership?
Family level members who wish to add a caregiver to their membership have three options:
- Substitute the caregiver’s name for one of the adult cardholders on the Family level membership.
- Upgrade your membership to the Garden Sustainer level (which allows entrance for four adults) and add your caregiver’s name to your record.
- Purchase a separate Individual membership for the caregiver.
How can I keep current on Arboretum events and news?
Arboretum updates and a calendar of events are available online at www.arboretum.org. As an Arboretum member, you will receive the Arboretum Members’ Magazine and Calendar, our member newsletter, which is distributed twice a year. Occasionally we send out upcoming events via email. If you would like to be added to our E-Newsletter, please call 626.821.3233 or sign up on www.arboretum.org
How long is a Membership to the Arboretum good for?
All Memberships are good for one full year from the time of purchase.
What are the basic Membership benefits?
ALL MEMBERS RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Support of the Arboretum’s education programs and gardens.
- FREE admission to the Arboretum for one year ($15 per visit value).
- Free admission to more than 300+ participating gardens throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- Discount for most classes, workshops, lectures, tours, and family programs.
- One year subscription to the Arboretum Members Magazine and calendar.
- Early entry for walking and running privileges beginning at 8:00 a.m. (7:30 am in the summer)
- 10% discount in the Arboretum Garden and Gift Shop.
- Circulation privileges of plant and garden books, etc., from the Arboretum library.
- Free admission to “Arboretum Summer Nights” concert series.
- Special invitation to the New Member Orientation Tour.
- Invitations to special Arboretum events.
- 10% or more discount at participating nurseries.
- 10% discount on tickets to Pasadena POPS Summer Concert Series at the Arboretum.
- Free subscription to Better Homes and Gardens or Martha Stewart living magazine.
Is my Membership tax-deductible?
Yes, as we are a non-profit Foundation. Please check with your tax advisor.
Do you offer gift Memberships?
Yes, Arboretum Memberships make great gifts that can be enjoyed all year! To order a gift membership, visit https://www.arboretum.org/support/join-us/gift-memberships/ or call 626.821.3233.
Can members come in early?
Yes, members have walking and running privileges starting at 8 a.m. During the summer, we are open at 7:30am for members.
How do I sign up my employer for matching gifts?
Many generous corporations take part in the matching gift programs; check with your company to find out if it has a matching gift program. Please request a matching gift form from your employer, fill it out and send it to the Arboretum with your membership application.
How do I make reservations for a new member orientation tram tour?
New member orientation tours are offered once a month at 10 a.m. and usually last 45 minutes. You will receive a new member tram tour orientation postcard in the mail. Reservations are required and space is limited. To make reservations, please call 626.821.3233.
May I bring additional guests on the tram tour?
The New Member Orientation Tour is a special benefit that is only for Arboretum members. They must be covered under your membership to attend. If any non-members wish to take a tram tour, the Arboretum offers them to the public on the weekends only.
If I have more questions where can I call?
You can call our Membership office at 626.821.3233, seven days a week, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. or email firstname.lastname@example.org.