Garden Etiquette & Rules
The Arboretum welcomes you and strives to make your experience interesting, enjoyable and memorable. During your visit we ask you to be good stewards of our plants, wildlife and historic structures to protect them for future generations to enjoy.
While at the Arboretum, please observe the following:
Masks or face coverings are required at all times during your visit except for children under 2.
Children at the garden
• The Arboretum is a place of wonder for children of all ages. For their safety, children under 18 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
Eating in the picnic area and on the lawn outside the Arboretum
• The picnic area and lawn outside the Arboretum are great places to picnic. Food may not be brought into the Arboretum. Food and beverages can be purchased in the Arboretum at the Peacock Café.
The Arboretum is a museum of living plants
• Please do not collect, remove or damage any natural materials including seeds, flowers, fruits, feathers or plant labels.
• Climbing trees or wading in water features is not permitted.
• Please respect that the Arboretum is a tobacco-free environment.
• Recreational equipment such as bicycles, skateboards, scooters, barbeques, radios, instruments, lawn chairs and coolers are not permitted.
• Active sports, such as kite-flying, baseball, Frisbee and all others, are not permitted.
Pets are not permitted. Only service animals for the disabled are welcome.
• Enjoy observing many species of birds and other wildlife but please keep a safe distance.
• Feeding wildlife, including peafowl, geese, ducks and squirrels, is not allowed.
• Chasing or harassing wildlife is not permitted.
Photographing the plants and landscapes
•Due to Covid-19, photography at the Arboretum is limited. Visitors are allowed to take informal vacation-style snapshots and nature photos. Permits are required for portrait photography in the garden. Portrait photography includes engagement, maternity, graduation, family photos and wedding photography. Click here for Portrait Photography details.
•Filming, videos, commercial and large group portrait photography are not available at this time.
Thank you for your support and cooperation.