Los Angeles Arboretum Foundation
Box Office Attendant for Festival
We are seeking box-office staff to work at the Moonlight Forest Festival hosted by the Arboretum. Moonlight Forest is a family friendly walk through event where Chinese lantern art installations are displayed
Festival dates: October 26, 2018 – January 6, 2019
Festival Hours: 5:30pm – 10:00pm
Work Hours: 4:30pm – 10:00pm
Days: Wednesday – Sunday
We are seeking committed individuals to join the Festival team. Responsibilities include selling tickets to the public and operating our on-site box office system. Candidates will have good numeracy skills as well as an excellent, customer-focused attitude. This is a temp role from October 26th to January 6th. Some additional hours might be required to join training and coordination meetings prior and during the event.
Box Office staff sells and/or scans tickets in the multiple box office locations assigned on site.
Creates a welcoming environment for Customers/ Visitors. Provides event information. Enforces venue and admission policies. Cleans and maintains the box office area. Responsible for security of cash and equipment.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Greets customers and visitors in a positive and professional manner.
• Provides general event and venue information.
• Enters ticket sale, accepts payment, processes transaction, and makes correct change.
• Complies with and enforces venue admittance policies, including any pass and/or discount ticket restrictions.
• Operates ticketing equipment and ticketing app on mobile devices provided by the venue.
• Keeps box office area clean and clutter-free.
• Responsible for cash balance at end of shift.
• Updates box office marquees and displays.
• Watches for safety or security issues (trip hazards, lighting, suspicious persons, etc.) and reports to management.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
• Available to work evening hours, weekends, and holidays.
• Requires regular and consistent attendance.
• Ability to communicate with all ages, genders, and personalities.
• Manual dexterity and an aptitude for mobile technology and mathematics is required to make change, operate computerized ticketing equipment.
• Box offices are often small and enclosed spaces in which a Cashier is required to stand or sit for an extended period of time.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Accurate cash handling and math skills.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
• Frequent bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Frequent standing, walking and reaching around the theater.
• Noise level may be moderate to high at times.
• Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants should email a cover letter and resume to A.J. Yildirok, Moonlight Project Manager at email@example.com.
The Foundation is looking for an experienced driver to drive a 38-passenger tram on the grounds of the Arboretum. The ideal candidate is friendly, safety conscious and a good communicator.
Typical duties and responsibilities will include driving tram with guests, conducting daily safety and pre-trip inspections, pre-trip cleaning and light maintenance, taking tickets, managing tram loading, providing tour narration, assisting guests with strollers and wheel chairs and answering basic questions about the Arboretum. Driver must be able to deal professionally and effectively with all types of people.
Work includes Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays for 4 hours each day with occasional evenings for weddings and weekdays and for special tours. The working environment includes exposure to noise, odors, drafts, variable outside temperatures and occasional inclement weather.
Must be 18 years of age with a Class B driver’s license with a Passenger endorsement and possess a clean driving record. Driver must pass a Department of Transportation physical exam and pre-employment alcohol/drug screening. Six months of experience driving a tram is preferred.
Applicants should email a cover letter and resume to Robin Sease, Manager of Visitors Services at robin.sease@ arboretum.org.