Due to Covid-19, photography at the Arboretum is limited. Visitors are allowed to take informal vacation-style snapshots and nature photos. Permits are required for portrait photography in the garden.
Filming, videos, commercial and large group portrait photography are not available at this time.
Portrait Photography General Information
• The permit fee is $50. Purchase permit here.
• The permit must be purchased online in advance.
• Groups for portrait photography is limited to 6 people or less (this includes subjects and photographers).
• Admission tickets will need to be purchased in advance for non-members in your group.
• Masks or face coverings are always required except for the subject(s) of the photographs. They may take them off briefly for the photograph to be taken.
• Photographers must always wear masks or face covering.
• Groups are not allowed to purchase additional permits to accommodate more people.
Rules for Portrait Photography
• Clients must arrive camera-ready. Hair and makeup must be done before arriving. No clothing changes are allowed. It is against County code.
• All photography session activities shall be appropriate and free from obscene content.
• The entire party must be present to enter the Arboretum for photography.
• No more than one bag/cart of equipment and props may be brought into the Arboretum.
• During a photo session, exit and reentry will not be permitted.
• You will be held accountable for any damage to the Arboretum by your actions or the people in your group.
• All non-member guests must purchase a ticket for admission to the garden. Tickets are non-refundable but you can use tickets for another day of your choice.nother day of your choice.
• Drones are not allowed.
General Garden Etiquette
• Avoid damage to collections and disruption of visitor and Arboretum activities. A permit does not give you exclusive right to an area in the garden.
• Keep roadways clear to allow visitors and vehicles to pass through.
• Stay on designated paths, trails and lawns. Keep out of plantings, mulch and water features.
• Do not collect, move, damage or deface plant life, historic items, or wildlife.
• Climbing trees, buildings, or wading in water features is not permitted.
• Hanging bags or props on trees or buildings is prohibited at the Arboretum.
• Pets are not allowed inside the Arboretum. See Service dog rules.
• Balloons are not allowed in the Arboretum.
• Hangers are not allowed in the Arboretum
• Smoking is prohibited by County Ordinance 17.04.645.