301 North Baldwin Avenue
Arcadia, CA, 91007
Daily: 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., grounds close at 5:00 p.m. Arboretum members early entry at 8:00 a.m. The garden is closed December 25th.
- Adults: $15.00
Students with ID. and Seniors age 62 and older: $11.00
Children Ages 5-12: $5.00
Children 4 and under: free
Arboretum Members free; reservations not required.
- Click here to become a member
- For information, please call 626.821.3222.
- Click here to purchase tickets online
- Visitors under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Guest services is a cashless operation. Tickets must be purchased online. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover credit cards.
- We participate in the American Horticultural Society reciprocal admissions program with exceptions of Descanso Gardens, South Coast Botanic Garden, and Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden.
- On the third Tuesday of the month, admission is free. Advance reservations are required for the free tickets.
- Our paved paths and roads provide access to many of landscape areas.
- Wheelchairs are available to rent for $10.00 non-members and $5.00 for members on a first-come, first-served basis at the Gift Shop.
- Reservations are not accepted. A valid I.D. must be left with Gift Shop. The last wheelchair rental of the day is at 2:30pm. Wheelchairs must be returned to the Gift Shop by 4:00 p.m.
- A wheelchair lift is located at the Queen Anne Cottage. Designated parking locations are found near the front entrance.
- Service animals are welcome. A service animal must remain on a leash or harness at all times and may not be left unattended. You are responsible for controlling your service animal’s behavior and for cleaning up after your service animal. If at any time your animal’s behavior becomes a threat to the safety or well-being of other visitors, the Arboretum reserves the right to ask you to enjoy the garden without your service animal present.
PEACOCK CAFE NOW OPEN! The Peacock Café is offering grab and go food; only credit cards accepted, no cash. Open Tuesday-Sunday, 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Closed Mondays. 626.446.2248.
CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. The Gift Shop is open daily 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. 626.447.8751
CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. The Arboretum Library is a wonderful resource for information about plants, trees and California history. Open Tuesday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.; Saturday, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m; Sunday, 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Garden Etiquette & Rules
• The Arboretum is a place of wonder for children of all ages. For their safety, children under 18 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
• The picnic area and lawn outside the Arboretum are great places to picnic. Food may not be brought into the Arboretum. Food and beverages can be purchased in the Arboretum at the Peacock Café.
•The Arboretum is a museum of living plants Please do not collect, remove or damage any natural materials including seeds, flowers, fruits, feathers or plant labels.
• Climbing trees or wading in water features is not permitted.
• Please respect that the Arboretum is a tobacco-free environment.
• Recreational equipment such as bicycles, skateboards, scooters, barbeques, radios, instruments, lawn chairs and coolers are not permitted.
• Active sports, such as kite-flying, baseball, Frisbee and all others, are not permitted.
• Pets are not permitted. Only service animals for the disabled are welcome.
• Enjoy observing many species of birds and other wildlife but please keep a safe distance.
• Feeding wildlife, including peafowl, geese, ducks and squirrels, is not allowed.
• Chasing or harassing wildlife is not permitted.
• You are welcome to take vacation-style and nature photography for personal and non-commercial, use. Permits are needed for portrait, commercial photography and any filming. For details, please see Photography.
We’re located in the city of Arcadia, just east of Pasadena and across the street from Santa Anita Park. We are easy to reach by car or public transportation. We are located at 301 North Baldwin Avenue. Arcadia, CA, 91007. Just south of I-210, Foothill Freeway at 301 North Baldwin Avenue, Arcadia, across from the Santa Anita Race Track.
Parking is free in our two lots.
Public transit. The Gold Line stops in Arcadia. When you get off the train, look for the Arcadia Transit shuttle which stops at the Arboretum. The ride is 50 cents for passengers ages 5 to 62 years old. Public transportation also is available on Metro buses. Please check bus schedules.
CANCELLED THROUGH MAY 15: Docent-Led Adult Walking Tours
Docent-Led Adult Walking Tours are Tuesdays–Fridays at 10:00 a.m. and Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. Tours are not offered on “free” Tuesdays (third Tuesday of the month). Please note that tours are not offered during the months of July, August and September. Reservations are not required.
Guided walking tours are available for adult garden clubs, social groups and other organizations. These group tours of 10 or more visitors can be arranged with at least one month’s advance notice by contacting Nancy Carlton, Volunteer Manager at 626.821.3210 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can create customized tours to meet your group’s special interests.
CANCELLED THROUGH MAY 15: Santa Anita Depot Tours
Tours are held Tuesdays & Wednesdays from 10am-4pm and Sundays from 1-4pm.
Visitors can tour the inside of this historical treasure with a knowledgeable docent and learn about what this depot was like when it was operational.
With our map, you can take self-guided visit from an hour to three hours, depending on your interests and time.
CANCELLED THOUGHT MAY 15: School Tours
Guided and self-guided field trips are offered at the Arboretum.
For more information, see Teachers & Schools.
You can get acquainted with the Arboretum even before your visit.
The times we're open and other details.
Events, what's blooming and points of interest at the garden.
We're easy to get to by car and public transportation.
Tours are a wonderful way to see the garden. Walking tours of the gardens and Santa Anita Train Depot are available on select days.
The Gift Shop is not to be missed! Grab a bite at the Peacock Café and enjoy the beautiful view.