Jump to topic:
Please enjoy our peacocks safely!
These beautiful creatures are fascinating to observe but can become aggressive if you are too close and the birds feel threatened. Please follow these rules:
•Keep your distance from peafowl
•Closely supervise young children
•Do not feed the peafowl
301 North Baldwin Avenue
Arcadia, CA, 91007
Visiting hours are 9am – 4pm (last entry at 3:30pm).
Member early entry is at 8am
Tickets are limited to timed entries and must be purchased in advance online.
- Adults: $15.00
Students with ID. and Seniors age 62 and older: $11.00
Children Ages 5-12: $5.00
Children 4 and under: free
Arboretum members free; reservations not required.
- Click here to become a member
- For questions about garden daytime tickets or you wish to purchase group tickets, please email email@example.com.
- Best to purchase tickets online
- Visitors under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- If you are purchasing tickets for a school or youth group, the Arboretum requires one adult chaperone for every 10 youths or students under the age of 18. To enter the garden, you must wear a face mask or covering, observe safe distancing and follow our Garden Etiquette and Rules.
- Tickets must be purchased online. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover credit cards.
- We participate in the American Horticultural Society reciprocal admissions program with exceptions of Descanso Gardens, South Coast Botanic Garden, and California Botanic Garden.
- On the third Tuesday of the month, admission is free. Advance reservations are required for the free tickets.
- Our paved roads provide access to many of landscape areas.
- Currently wheelchairs are not available to rent.
- Closed for restoration: A wheelchair lift is located at the Queen Anne Cottage.
- Designated accessible parking locations are found near the front entrance.
- No pets allowed, please. Service dogs are welcome at the Arboretum. However, other animals, pets, emotional support, therapy, comfort, or companion animals are prohibited as they are not considered service animals under the ADA. Click here to learn more about what is considered a service animal. A service animal at the Arboretum must remain on a leash or harness at all times and may not be left unattended. You are responsible for controlling your service animal’s behavior and for cleaning up after your service animal. If at any time your animal’s behavior becomes a threat to the safety or well-being of other visitors, the Arboretum reserves the right to ask you to enjoy the garden without your service animal present.
Peacock Café hours:
GIFT SHOP is temporarily closed.
ARBORETUM LIBRARY: The Arboretum Library is a wonderful resource for information about plants, trees and California history. Open Tuesday-Saturday, 9 am-5pm
Members and visitors are encouraged to take photos while visiting the garden. The Arboretum offers distinctive backdrops, from our signature Meyberg Waterfall to the sweeping vistas of the San Gabriel Mountains.
Photography permit fees apply to all posed sessions on the grounds (Graduations, Weddings, Quinceañeras, etc).
COMMERCIAL FILMING NOW AVAILABLE: details here.
Garden Etiquette & Rules
• The Arboretum is a place of wonder for children of all ages. For their safety, children under 18 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
• The picnic area and lawn outside the Arboretum are great places to picnic. Food may not be brought into the Arboretum. Food and beverages can be purchased in the Arboretum at the Peacock Café.
•The Arboretum is a museum of living plants Please do not collect, remove or damage any natural materials including seeds, flowers, fruits, feathers or plant labels.
• Climbing trees or wading in water features is not permitted.
• Please respect that the Arboretum is a tobacco-free environment.
• Recreational equipment such as bicycles, skateboards, scooters, barbeques, radios, instruments, lawn chairs and coolers are not permitted.
• Active sports, such as kite-flying, baseball, Frisbee and all others, are not permitted.
• Pets are not permitted. Only service animals for the disabled are welcome.
• Enjoy observing many species of birds and other wildlife but please keep a safe distance.
• Feeding wildlife, including peafowl, geese, ducks and squirrels, is not allowed.
• Chasing or harassing wildlife is not permitted.
We’re located in the city of Arcadia, just east of Pasadena and across the street from Santa Anita Park. We are easy to reach by car or public transportation. We are located at 301 North Baldwin Avenue. Arcadia, CA, 91007. Just south of I-210, Foothill Freeway at 301 North Baldwin Avenue, Arcadia, across from the Santa Anita Race Track.
Parking is free in our two lots.
Public transit. The Gold Line stops in Arcadia. When you get off the train, look for the Arcadia Transit shuttle which stops at the Arboretum. The ride is 50 cents with one free transfer between Arcadia fixed-route lines for passengers ages 5 to 62 years old. Public transportation also is available on Metro buses. Please check bus schedules.
Santa Anita Depot Tours
Tours are available daily between 10am-2pm. The schedule is subject to change. Please check at the entrance on the day of your about the hours. Visitors can tour the inside of this historical treasure with a knowledgeable docent and learn about what this depot was like when it was operational.
With our map, you can take self-guided visit that can take from an hour to three hours, depending on your interests and time.
Guided and self-guided field trips are offered at the Arboretum.
For more information, see Teachers & Schools.
You can get acquainted with the Arboretum even before your visit.
The times we're open and other details.
Events, what's blooming and points of interest at the garden.
We're easy to get to by car and public transportation.
Tours are a wonderful way to see the garden. Walking tours of the gardens and Santa Anita Train Depot are available on select days.
Grab a bite at the Peacock Café and enjoy the beautiful view. The Gift Shop is closed due to construction.